Thursday, January 13, 2011

Here we go, again.

Day 01 - Your current relationship, if single discuss how single life is.


I am dating John Vallejo, my very best friend and the father of my child. He is so wonderful and I am always thankful that I found him. I have definitely had my fair share of ridiculous "relationships" (mostly due to me and my misinformed, misjudging teenage self) and honestly at the time I met John I was pretty much at the point of giving up. I'd had such a skewed idea of what love was, and how I everything was supposed to happen, that John took me by surprise and frankly freaked me out! I ended up pushing him away for about a month after we met because I didn't want to deal with the feelings I was feeling.

We met on the 4th of July in 2009. I actually never would have met him if it weren't for the insistence of my (then) best friend to go downtown with her. I was perfectly content sitting in her bed watching tv, haha. (And, you know, although we aren't friends anymore and a TON of drama has gone down and it's all bad now, I definitely owe meeting John to her.) ANYWAYS. We were downtown wandering, I ran into a guy I used to hang out with when I was like 17, and he was with John. Turns out they have been best friends for years and years.

I knew there was something I really liked about John from the very beginning, and our relationship moved very quickly. Once I stopped denying my feelings for him, and let him in, we pretty much spent all our time together. He moved in after about a month of us being together, and we got our own place only 4 months after meeting. Now here we are, almost 2 years later, and I've never been happier. He is the love of my life, my very best friend, and we now have this amazing child together.

Live is good, and I'm eternally grateful for that 4th of July, and the pushiness of former friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! ♥