Thursday, January 6, 2011

Goals for 2011


I've never been one to make new years resolutions, but this past year has seen so many changes that I feel it an appropriate start to this year. Changes are good! So, here are my goals for 2011:


1. Get healthy.
       - This is a big one. I've never been a very healthy person, and it's time I changed that. I eat like crap, I don't exercise at all ever, and it's starting to really show. When I was younger, even just a few years ago, it was totally okay for me to be that way because it never affected me that much. Now I just feel like a fat, lazy blob, especially since being pregnant. Not too cute these days.

2. Take more pictures.
       - I used to be so good at taking photos all the time, and I think it was easier when I had a small camera I could carry in my purse all the time. Unfortunately, I gave that camera to an old friend of mine. John got me an amazing DSLR last year for my birthday, though, and I absolutely love it. Mostly I just need to get in the habit of bringing it places with me! I also want to start working on photography again, because I miss it.

3. Make time for John.
       - I feel like it will be really easy to dismiss having "us" time with John, because I'm so focused on Kaetana. I obviously do not want to do that, and so I am going to really make an effort to make sure I don't push him to the back burner. Our relationship is extremely important to me - it's a really amazing one, and I don't want anything between us to change.

4. Get a job.
       - I need to start contributing to the household, because it's not fair for John to be the only one bringing in any income. Although I would loooove to be a stay at home mom, it's just not practical for the way we live right now.

5. Be the best Mom I can be!
       - Kaetana deserves nothing but the absolute best, and that's what I intend to give her!

So here's to 2011.
A new year, a new life, a new challenge, a new adventure.

I am SO ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! ♥