Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Finishing Up.

Okay, I'm so over this 30 Day Challenge, and I'm not going to do another one for a long time. It's irritating. But, since I already devoted myself to it I might as well go ahead and finish it up while I'm sitting here watching the new episode of Teen Mom 2. (Which, by the way, is dumb and I'm not even sure why I'm watching it.)

So, hit the jump for the rest of the challenge!



Day 28 - Something that you miss.
   
     Oh, I'll go with the most prominent and the most obvious. I miss when life was carefree and easy. Don't get me wrong, because I absolutely love my life. I love being in this amazing relationship, and I love love love being a mother. Sometimes, though, it all becomes a little overwhelming and I find myself thinking about how things were before things got serious for me. I might not have been really going anywhere as far as productivity goes, but I had fun. I had a best friend that I could go out with and have a good time no matter what, or we could sit in her bed and watch Spongebob all day and still have a blast. I could sleep in until 1 in the afternoon if I really felt like it. I could drink screwdrivers downtown out of Minute Maid orange juice jugs with a group of friends and not give a shit.
     It was fun. It was carefree, it was simple, and it was the way things were. I didn't pay rent, I didn't have bills. I didn't even pay for the gas in my car. Looking back, the fact that I was doing this and I was like 19/20 years old is a little ridiculous, but still. Life was so easy. I didn't have to think about things too deep and I'll tell you right now that I didn't. The biggest worries I had were regarding some stupid boy(s). I made dumb decisions and couldn't have cared less. I did some seriously fucked up shit to people, and didn't care.
     I'm sure you're reading this and thinking to yourself, 'wow this bitch misses that?' but you're taking it the wrong way. It's not necessarily the way I acted - it's the fact that I could act that way. It's that I did what I wanted, when I wanted, and it didn't matter. I miss that freedom of action, of self, and of responsibility. If that makes any sense.

Day 29 - Goals for the next 30 days.

     Hmm. Well, for starters tomorrow I am officially starting my diet. I gained about 40 pounds during my pregnancy and although that's about the top of the "healthy" range for weight gain, I'm pretty pissed about it. In the few weeks after Kaetana was born I lost 27 pounds and then hit a brick wall. Recovering from a c-section and having a bad habit of stress eating the worst foods you can think of, and only being 5 foot tall (that's not a lot of room for extra weight to go) didn't help much either. So I'm going on a diet, and John got me Wii Fit so I'll start using that once Kaetana is not sick anymore and isn't requiring my constant attention. At least I think she requires it,  I seriously just sit and stare at her while she sleeps.
     Which brings me on to my next goal, actually. I need to figure out some sort of routine as far as house work and taking care of baby goes. I have always been OCD about the condition of my living quarters, but since Kaetana came along I've started slacking hardcore. It's difficult (at least for me) to try and balance being with her and keeping up with the house. I find when she's asleep I tend to just take in the quiet time and chill out by myself. Not that great of an option, as my house is a disaster area these days.
     I would also like to start devoting more time to learning how to cook. I'm just not good at it. I grew up in a house where my Dad made all the food and kicked everyone out of the kitchen while he was doing it. He's not one to mess around, and he doesn't like distractions in the kitchen, but he's an amazing cook. I'm sad I didn't get his natural talent for food, but I certainly don't make much effort in that area either. If my diet is going to be any kind of successful, I need to start home making the food we eat.
   
Day 30 - Your highs and lows of this month.

     High: My second Valentine's Day with John, and my first with Kaetana. Even if we had to spend it in the hospital.
     Low: Kaetana having to stay at the hospital.
     High: Getting a new car. (Today, actually, and I'll blog about that tomorrow!)
     High: Watching Kaetana grow, learn and change every day.


     There really haven't been any other lows this month, which I am grateful for. It's been a really great one (sans the hospital bump) so far.


And there you have it. The end of the challenge, thank goodness. See you all tomorrow, have a lovely night. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! ♥