Friday, May 27, 2011

Fear

I have a confession to make. And it's a pretty highly embarrassing one at that. Are you ready? 
....I have Coccinellidaephobia. 
What, never heard of it? I'm shocked. 
Not really though, because it's the fear of ladybugs. Yes, you read that right. 
I'm afraid of ladybugs. 

I have absolutely no idea where this came from, but it's true. And now that it's Summertime I'm condemned to being freaked out by the little creepers every time I take Kaetana to the park, or downtown, or anywhere outdoors for that matter. And I'm not even really sure what it is about them that scares me. Most people seem to think they're "cute" and wonderful, and they do seem to adorn a majority of little girl's items everywhere. But I persevere because little girls love ladybugs. Which means Kaetana will most likely love them too, so I'm really trying to get over my impulse to scream and run away whenever they're in my general vacinity. (Which reminds me of a funny time a couple years ago when an old friend and I were drinking - well, actually I was drinking and she was pregnant - inside. We were sitting at the dining room table and I look down to find a ladybug chilling happily on my arm. I basically sprinted to the living room waving my arms screaming "WHAT ARE THE ODDS?!" and having a mini drunken panic attack. Ha.)  
 Anyways there you have it. My biggest fear is ladybugs. 
Followed closely by driving off a cliff to my death and elevators. Ack.
Like my blog? If so, please vote for me! It only takes two little clicks.
Top Baby, Daddy & Mommy Blogs on TopBabyBlogs.Com

3 comments:

  1. i have fear of clowns, masks and dressed up people. to the point where i just cry lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s i grabbed your button for my page xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That story is hilarious! I never really understood why ladybugs are the one insect that are considered acceptable by society... in my opinion a bug's a bug haha. I used to think ladybugs were cute but they pretty much infested my house several summers ago and ever since then they gross me out. blegh. yay for irrational fears ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! ♥