Saturday, May 7, 2011

Kaetana - 5 Months

I know I say this with every monthly update, but I seriously can't believe Kaetana is 5 months already! I mean really, where has the time gone? It seems like yesterday I was holding her for the first time, and here she is rolling from here to there, grabbing at everything, and trying to sit up. Blows. My. Mind.

Kaetana has learned a lot this past month! As I mentioned above, she's learned that she can get from one place to another by rolling along. It's hilarious to see the look of determination on her face as she picks her target and just GOES. She often gets distracted and stops to play with whatever is around her but she always gets to where she wants to be. She is a stubborn little thing!

This month Kaetana:
 - rolls back to front, front to back
 - eats solids twice a day (her favorites are sweet potatoes, carrots and sweet peas)
 - is quick to smile at everything
 - loves to stand and sit up (supported, of course)
 - gets really excited when you sing "if you're happy and you know it" & b-i-n-g-o because of all the clapping
 - officially grew out of all her 0-3 month and 3 month clothes
 - might be starting to teeth, but I'm not 100% on that one yet
 - is getting better at vocalizing and making more distinct sounds
 - started sleeping on her tummy even though it freaks me out!
 - upgraded to 6oz bottles
 - loves to read

This past week, Kaetana went through a pretty large growth spurt. There were about 3 days where all she did was eat and sleep. She'd maybe play for an hour in between but mostly it was lots of sleeping! In that time she grew out of all the clothes she had been wearing and I had to go through the stuff I had stashed away and fish out bigger things. It was insane. I tried putting her in a onesie she had worn a few days before and it wouldn't button. We also had to take her to the doctor because she is losing her voice. It's the saddest sounding thing ever. We were told it's a virus swelling her vocal chords and it'll come back as soon as she's all better but honestly it's been like a week and she's showing no improvement. It's got me a little worried, not gonna lie!
 I am so in love with that little girl my heart feels like it might burst. Every day is a new adventure, and I learn so much just watching her grow. Really, I couldn't have been blessed with a better baby.

 
Like my blog? If so, please vote for me! It only takes two little clicks.
Top Baby, Daddy & Mommy Blogs on TopBabyBlogs.Com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! ♥