Thursday, June 14, 2012

18 Months

I can't believe my little lady is 18 months old already! A year and a half. How did that even happen? Actually, she turned 18 months on the 7th, a week ago. But today was her checkup and I wanted to wait for this post until after I knew her stats and such. 
This sweet girl of ours has grown up so much in the past couple of months. I knew it would go quickly but I am constantly surprised by just how quickly, if that makes any sense. Her personality has blossomed more than ever - she's hilarious and extremely independent. She's content playing by herself for the most part (to the point that when I try to join her she gets all huffy and moves away haha) but I'm happy that she is such a good self entertainer. I've been around kids that are glued to their parents and it doesn't look like much fun. 
That's not to say that she isn't a little lover, though. When she's real tired, she gets super cuddly and it's the sweetest thing. She makes up injuries just so she can come up and shove whichever body part in my face and say, 'owwww' until I kiss it. It's adorable. She loves music, particularly The Black Keys lately thanks to John, and will dance/spin around the living room forever. She has the funniest little moves! I need to video it soon, actually. ;)

Like I said above, she went to the doctor today - her current stats are:
Weight: 24.2 lbs (69th percentile)
Height: 31.5" (37th percentile)
Head Circumference: 48cm (89th percentile)

She's currently in 18 month tops and dresses,
18-24 month bottoms,
and size 4 shoes. 
She has 11 teeth fully in and is cutting #12 right now.

I'll say it again, this girl is growing up too, too fast. I love her so much, though, she is my shining star. I couldn't imagine my life without this beautiful child, and am grateful every day for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! ♥