Thursday, November 25, 2010

*insert something clever about Thanksgiving here*

I love Thanksgiving. Every year, my family all gets together at someone's house (totally bullied my Grandma in to hosting this year so I didn't have to go anywhere obnoxious) and everyone brings food, and it's always delicious. Plus, my dad made pies yesterday. LOTS of pies. I'm stoked. Maybe I can push the baby out via eating my weight in holiday food!! I'm going to try, for sure.

Okay, so now that we've established how stoked I am about today's food festivities, I might as well mention a few things I'm thankful for. Cliche for a post? I don't care.

John

He lights up my life, and I love him more than anything. It's nutty to think that we've only been together (almost) a year and a half, and we're already where we are. Certainly wasn't planned this way, what with having a baby and all, but from the moment I met him I knew he was the one for me. That sounds super lame and hokey, but it's so true. We just clicked right away, and he is honestly the very best thing that's ever happened to me. I know we're going to have the best life together and I am thrilled and oh so lucky to have him.

Kaetana

I realize she's not quite here yet, but I am infinitely thankful for this little girl in my belly. She took us all by surprise, but was obviously meant to be since I was faithful to my birth control like no other woman I've met. It was truly shocking to think it failed me. SHOCKING. But, I'm so so glad it did. John and I are young, and not necessarily in the place financially we'd like to be, but the prospect of being parents to her dwarfs everything else. Neither one of us can wait to meet her. We can't wait to take her places, show her things, teach her how to be a good person, and we are going to love her more than anything else no matter what. It's so exciting.

My Friends

I have the best friends, I swear. There have been an abundance of hard times, sure, but so many more wonderful happy ones. I've gone through my fair share of "friends who aren't really friends" and sadly I've been known to ditch out on my true friends for the funner people I meet on occasion, but luckily I've grown up and dropped all the fakes and I'm back to being happy with the loves I have! (That made me sound kind of awful.)

My Family
I love my family. They're funny, and ultra quirky, and incredibly persevering. We've all made some serious mistakes in life, and each has paid or is paying for those respectively. I've been known to disassociate myself from the majority of the fam because of their choices and behavior, but one thing I can say about them is no matter how low things get - how shitty, how hard - no one has ever once let it break them. We're a stubborn, hard headed bunch, and that'll never change. If it wasn't for my family, and my Grandparents especially (love them), I'd probably be the most boring person ever. I've gone through some shit, sure, but it's definitely made me wiser.

I could probably keep going, but I'm tired and need to go get ready for dinner at Grandma's house. So I leave you with a Happy Thanksgiving, and a hope that you have many things to be thankful for. I'll be back later (maybe) with a 39 week update.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! ♥