Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Hanging Vase - DIY


I bought this mason jar a few weeks ago thrifting for 50 cents, and couldn't really figure out what to do with it. I just liked that it was big, but it didn't have a lid or anything so it's been sitting in my kitchen collecting dust. Until, that is, I saw this cute metal hook at Hobby Lobby and became a crafting genius! I brought it home and this afternoon attached it to the wall next to my kitchen window (above the sink.) I used some twine I had leftover from another project and really just wrapped it around a lot - making sure to keep it really tight - and knotted it every couple of loops. After I thought it was secure enough, I looped and knotted it around the hook and voila! I filled it with water and some daisies and it adds a nice pop of color and cheer to my kitchen without taking up my counter space.

This project was crazy easy, anyone could do it, and the best part is it only cost me $5 (the cost of the hook) because I had everything else on hand.:)

1 comment:

  1. i love this idea. this looks perfect, especially for in the kitchen!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! ♥